You're in for a long day when...

You're in for a long day when you are sorting laundry and check your 9 month old's pants pockets before putting them in the washer... Oh boy.

I was planning on working today but I guess it wasn't God's plan. I feel like there are many times when my plan and God's plan do not align. I'm hoping that throughout the day God will reveal himself to me in new ways and that I will seek to serve him instead of myself. It is just so hard sometimes, to lead a Christ centered life. (I'm praying for you RF.)

Eva has been continuing to grow and change rapidly. Yesterday she hit her 9 month mark and I just can't believe it will be only 3 short months before I have a one year old. Where have the months gone? She is such a sweet baby and she has such a good nature. People at church come up to Eddie and me all the time and comment about her. Yesterday during worship Eva was singing in her own way and dancing. She was just as happy as could be, in her own little world praising God. I think it's so awe inspiring how connected little kids are to God. Anyway, after church an older gentleman came up to us and seemed so touched by Eva and her happy spirit. How good to know that Eva affects people in such a positive way. She is so friendly and smiles at EVERYONE. It's a blessing to see the smiles that she brings to other peoples' faces. I pray that as she grows she will continue to be a friendly and happy person and that she will live up to the name Evangeline - bearer of good news.

In other news Mom and Dad A. are officially coming to visit for the last week in January!! I'm so excited that they will get to spend a good chunk of time with their granddaughter, and Eddie and me too. They are deserving of a good long break and hopefully Dad will find all the household projects we have lined up for him relaxing!! ;-) If I'm chosen for hotelling at work there's a 6 day long training involved and one of the potential weeks for that is the week that Mom and Dad will be here. I'm toying with the idea of training that week since child care would be all lined up but at the same time I want to spend time with my parents... what to do, what to do.

I guess I should mention that I applied to work from home last week. For those of you who don't know, the Patent Office has really been pushing a program called 'hotelling' which is basically working from home. Until recently it was not available to part-timers but our union negotiated with management and now it's allowed. The only downside to this is that you have to work a minimum of 60 hours per biweek. I currently only work about 40. What this would mean is an increase in work that I would have to do; however, I could eliminate close to two hours worth of commute per day and $8 for the parking garage. Another bonus is that the PTO would reimburse us for our internet. Seems like it's a no brainer, right? I will continue to pray that if this is what God has for me that I will be selected. Please pray that I would seek God's will in this situation.

Last week I ordered the Kolcraft stroller from Walmart. Since I can return it to the store and got free site to store shipping I figured we could test it out that way. If we like it, we'll keep it. If not, I guess I'll be looking for a good deal on one of the other strollers.

2 comments:

  1. Love to catch up and read your blog! Eva is such a little love and she is already touching people's lives! She is going to be doing something great! I love the newest pic of her :) I have been looking for a new stoller, a step down from the 4 in 1 I had when I had Mia, I wanted one for Eli but never got it. Let me know what you think a/b the Kolcraft!! Love ya!

     
  2. Hi Ruth! I don't often remember to check out blogs...Diane has been on for a while and then there's 2 other friends that blog and now you! Yipes... I need to grab a snack,pull up a chair and settle in! Eva is a beautiful little girl and not because I'm the Aunt do I talk with a biased opinion. Ha ha..
    She will bring you so much happiness... so sweet these young years.. Love and miss you.. A Jan